Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto FCNAExecutive Secretary
HON. AHMAD ALIYU SOKOTO FCNA, former Deputy Governor of Sokoto State and the present Executive Secretary of Nigeria Police Trust Fund was born on the 1st of January, 1970. He is an indigene of Sokoto State Nigeria.
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto attended the following institutions;
- Magajin Rafi model Primary School, Sokoto
- Government Secondary School Yabo
- Sokoto State Polytechnic
- Abdu Gusau Polytechnic
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Nigeria College of Accountancy, Jos
He has the following Academic Qualifications:
- Certificate in Account and Audit
- Professional Diploma in Public Accounting and Audit
- Higher National Diploma in Local Government Studies
- B.sc Degree in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Masters Degree in Business Administration
- Masters Degree in International Affairs and Strategic Studies (Nigeria Defence Academy Kaduna)
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto is a member of the Association of National Accountants (CNA), Fellow, Association of National Accountants
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto started his carrier as a Finance Clerk/Cashier at Jega Local Government Education Authority, Sokoto State between 1989 and 1992 afterwards he proceeded as the Internal Auditor Sokoto State House of Assembly, OC Salaries/Accountant Wamakko Local Government Sokoto State, Deputy Director Finance and Supply at Sabon Birni Local Government, Deputy Director Finance and Supply Silame Local Government, Director Finance and Supply Kebbe Local Government, Chief Accountant Local Government Services Commission and member Sokoto state transition committee in the year 2007.
He was appointed Honourable Commissioner, Ministry for Social Welfare and Culture and Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Health Sokoto State respectively.
He also served as the Chairman State Boundary Adjustment Committee. He was the APC gubernatorial candidate in the 2019 election.
He has participated in the following research and publications:
- International Control System in Public Organizations with reference to Sokoto state Ministry of Finance.
- Lending policy in commercial banks, a case study of five selected banks BON, UBA, Afri Bank and First Bank AIB Sokoto State.
- International Control as a tool for fraud detection and prevention in Sokoto North Local Government, Sokoto State, Nigeria.
- Tax Administration in Sokoto State, a case study of Kebbe Local Government.
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto has bagged over 12 awards categories which includes merit award by Nigeria Union of Journalist in recognition of immense contributions towards the development and promotion of the union’s activities, certificate of sponsorship by NUJ Sokoto State Council, award for excellent leadership by NYSC press club Sokoto amongst others. Membership award of the Institute of Industrialist and Corporate Administrators (MIICA), Certificate of merit and honor for invaluable and outstanding contributions to the development of Islam and Meritorious Service in Sokoto State and Nigeria.
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto is the Grand Patron: Association of Nigerian Professional Civil Servant, Sokoto State Chapter.
Patron: Sarkin Tamma Public Awareness and Youth Development Association, Member Co-ordinating Committee Aliyu Magatakarda Foundation.
Patron: Sokoto State Grassroot Development Forum.
Member Association of Nigeria Institute of Management.
Chairman, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria Sokoto State Branch.
Hon. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto has served in so many committees and subcommittee in Sokoto State and Federal level.